Gifted & Talented Education
|Gifted & Talented Instructor
801 Main Street
Murray, KY 42071
(270) 753-5125 Extension 2386
What is giftedness?
The current definition of "Giftedness" by the National Association for Gifted Children is: "Students, children, or youth who give evidence of high achievement capability in areas such as intellectual, creative, artistic, or leadership capacity, or in specific academic fields, and who need services and activities not ordinarily provided by the school in order to fully develop those capabilities."
- Gifted Student Services Plans will be distributed for each identified student in September
- Duke TIP 7th Grade Talent Search Information has been sent out and registration is due in October. Check out this link for more information.
- District GT Handbook
- District GT Education Policy
- Duke TIP Program Information
- NAGC -- The National Association for Gifted Children has an abundance of information and resources for teachers and parents. I have included a few in which you might be interested.
- Content Connections --For Teachers: A collection of categorized list of some of their favorite online teaching resources with hopes that they'll get you thinking about (and sharing) new ideas in your classroom.
- What is Giftedness? -- For teachers and parents
- Common Gifted Education Myths -- For teachers and parents
- Connecting for High Potential -- This is a newsletter for teachers and parents that addresses issues of gifted children--from social/emotional to academics
- Center for Gifted Studies/MSU--parents, be watching this page for programs offered for students through Murray State University
- The Center for Gifted Studies/WKU--programs, trainings and resources for parents, students and teachers through Western Kentucky University
- Characteristics Checkslist for Gifted Children--For teachers and parents
- List of Developmental Guidelines--For teachers and parents
- Gifted Sources--For teachers and parents