Thank you for your interest in serving as a substitute for the Murray Independent School District. Life as a substitute is unique. This district recognizes that the role of the substitute teacher is difficult and demanding, and we sincerely feel that every substitute is an important part of our educational program.
- Any person with a valid Kentucky teaching certificate can be a substitute teacher.
- Any person can be an emergency substitute if they have 64 credit hours of college and achieve a 2.5 GPA.
- Persons with out-of-state teaching certificates/license are eligible to substitute in the state of Kentucky.
- Substitute Teacher Application
- Emergency Substitute Application (required if you do not have a Kentucky teaching certificate.)
- Reference Form
- Medical Examination Form (with negative results on Tuberculin Skin Test.)
- Kentucky Teachers' Retirement System Application
- Kentucky Teacher's Retirement System Form F-1RET (Retired Members Only)
- Information About Social Security Form SSA-1945
- Federal Withholding Form W-4
- Kentucky Withholding Form K-4
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Deb Doss at (270) 753-4363.