The Murray Independent School District is committed to equal opportunities for all people and making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d), as amended in 1998. Section 508 is a federal law that requires agencies to provide individuals with disabilities equal access to electronic information and data comparable to those who do not have disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the agency. The Section 508 Standards are the technical requirements and criteria that are used to measure conformance within this law. More information on Section 508 and the technical standards can be found at http://www.section508.gov/summary-section508-standards.
Here are a few software options for screen readers:
- ChromeVox is available as an extension for Google Chrome on Windows and Mac OS and comes built into Chrome OS to provide out of box accessibility.
- JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world's most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse.
- Intuitive by design, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch also come with assistive features that allow people with disabilities to experience the fun and function of iOS.
We have made every effort to make this entire website fully accessible to people with disabilities. Even so, we understand that some of our site content may not achieve that goal. For that reason, we offer to make anything that is found on our website available in alternative formats upon request. To request an alternative format of any of our web pages, or to suggest accessibility improvements, please contact the administrator of this site using the contact information below.
If you wish to report an issue related to the 504 accessibility of any content on a Murray Independent School District website, including a complaint about the accessibility of a webpage, document, form, or other content, you may do so in any of the following ways:
1. Email MISD’s Compliance Coordinator, David McDowell, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the web address or URL along with a detailed description of the problems you have encountered.
2. Submit written correspondence to the address below:
David McDowell, Director of Special Education
Murray Independent School District
208 S 13th St
Murray, Kentucky 42071
In your correspondence, please include the web address or URL along with a detailed description of the problems you have encountered.