Middle School Transportation Information
The objective of the Murray Independent School District Transportation Department is to provide safe, efficient and dependable transportation for the students and parents of the district. We recognize that this is an important service within the educational system.
We strive to provide the safest and best service possible. When this is accomplished, we can be proud of the contribution that each of us has made in preparing our students for the future.
Any questions concerning bus routes should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent for Student Services, Bart Flener, at (270) 753-4363. Keep in mind that bus routes change every year to accommodate new students.
- All car riders are expected to be dropped off and picked up in the circle drive area directly in front of MMS.
- Faculty members will be present from 7:35 in the mornings and from 3:00-3:30 in the afternoons.
- Car traffic will not be allowed in the circle drive located on 9th Street as this is for bus traffic only.
Safety for all students at Murray Middle School is our number one concern.
- Bus traffic will travel on 9th Street only.
- All students attending Murray Middle School will be delivered and picked up on the 9th Street location.
- Visit the main district transportation page for more bus information.
- All students walking to school are expected to use the two front entrances at MMS. All other doors will be locked to ensure the safety of all students at MMS. All entrances, except the atrium entrance off of Main Street, remain locked until 7:40 each morning.
- Those students walking to the church will be allowed to cross the street as a Murray City Police Officer will be on duty to assist students crossing the street.
- The remaining students will travel east on the sidewalk on main street.
- Students traveling to the library will cross the street at 8th and main. A certified crossing guard will assist in this as well.
- Students walking to the hospital will travel down 8th street. A teacher will continue to walk with these students and will remain at the corner of 8th and Poplar to assist with students crossing the street. The teacher will remain at this location until 3:20.
- Parking is available along Main Street for visitors.Feel free to use this parking area throughout the day when attending meetings or dropping off a child during the school day.
- Please go over the School Bus Safety Procedures located in the Code of Acceptable Behavior and Discipline with your child. Riding the bus is a privilege. If children repeatedly misbehave, they may not be permitted to ride the bus.
- MMS Pickup/Drop-off Procedures, Instructions, and Map
- Bus Transportation Request Form
- Acknowledgement, Waiver, & Release Form From Liability Agreement